Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thing 6

I chose this image in honor of Bowl Season and my hopefully successful completion of this task after I spent two hours trying to figure out how to get an image off of Flickr.  I am not positive that I like Flickr and I find it a bit confusing especially when it comes to the licensing issues.  I think it could be a big headache if we try to have our students pick images from this website if they run into licensing problems.  Licensing issues aside Flickr does have a wide variety of images.

(I do not own this image and nor do I claim that the author of this image endorses my work) Photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/avinashkunnath/

3 comments:

  1. As long as the images are used for educational purposes, you don't really have anything to worry about. If students were to take images and use them for personal projects and then publish them, there would be a licensing issue. There are also parts of the web that are designated as Creative Commons and you can use any of these pictures, videos, and music freely. Just search "creative commons" and you'll find a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said about Flickr. There were a lot of different pictures and many very unique ones. I didn't like the licensing thing either. I wasn't sure what ones I could and couldn't use. I will keep Flickr in mind for an alternative to just using Google images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issues with trying to find the picture without having licencing issues (I actually didn't really pay attention to it before...oops). So what Pete commented on with the "creative commons," before you type in what you are going to search there is a box/drop down menu to the left of where you type in your search...click on it and choose creative commons, then all (or at least most) of the pictures that come up will be ok for you to use.

    ReplyDelete