Monday, January 30, 2012

Thing 16

How might you use this tool in your personal and professional life? What issues come to mind about using this tool with students (ie, they need email addresses to log-in)?

I think in my personal life I might use this tool when I am traveling and do not want to have to worry about losing a flash drive, I can just create my documents and save them to Google. In my professional life I feel like I could have the students work in groups on a paper or project using Google docs. I like how they can all be able to write and or make changes to the document at the same time. I also like how it allows students to be able to save their work on Google and not have to worry about forgetting to bring their thumb drives. The one issue that might come up is that possibly not all students have email addresses. However, if we could think of a way to give them school email addresses like we get in college, then we can make sure they have access to email. I like working with Google docs, the only thing that I do not like about it is that everyone can make changes to the document (meaning accidentally delete something). Otherwise, I think Google docs is great.

1 comment:

  1. As we move toward becoming a Google District, this will become our lives. I am completely embedded in Google Apps and can hardly wait for this to become a reality with our school. Exciting times are coming!

    ReplyDelete