Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thing 12




I picked "This Day In History" widget because I enjoy history and learning about the past. I thought this would be a fun way to keep me coming back to my blog each day to learn what happened in the past. I am starting to feel pretty comfortable with embedding code. It is not as hard as I thought it would be. I do not think that relationships built online are strong as those built in person. Online relationships can be nice for people who have had friends move away and want to keep in touch with them via the internet, however you still have that personal connection from knowing them in person before they moved. I think that Facebook and other social networking sites are so popular with kids today, is because of how easy they are to access and send information to their friends. I remember growing up the biggest rage was Instant Messanger. Now not only can you instant message on Facebook, but you can also view pictures and other information about the people you are chatting with.

3 comments:

  1. I agree online networking is convenient but the part that worries me is always how others react. Especially when it is so easy to bully and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool widget. I agree that face to face interactions are much stronger in person. Online does offer a great resource but we can't become techno-zombies and lose the personal relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my facebook and I love it! Widgets are so much fun, I get really distracted by them, so I know my students will probably like them!

    ReplyDelete