Friday, December 30, 2011

Thing 5

At first I did find it to be a bit overwhelming before I organized the different blogs and posts into folders.  There was way too many lines of information on my Google Reader screen and I didn't know where the blogs/posts were coming from.  Now that I have them organized and can tell which folder is highlighted red, I know what I am looking at.  I think that the organization of the blogs in my reader makes it less overwhelming.   I also think that because of the RSS being placed into your reader it is information that you want to see and be able to access quickly, which is exactly what RSS is meant to do.  I think that with anything new it just takes some time to get used to, and once you have been using for awhile it becomes far less overwhelming and more second nature.  I think the hardest part is figuring out what blogs actually contain information that is worthy of an RSS feed to your Google Reader.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely overwhelming at first. Don't fear...and don't be afraid to 'unsubscribe' to RSS feeds that tend to over-post. I subscribed to a couple the first time I did this that posted stories multiple times per day. Then I subscribed to about 10 RSS feeds. I got swamped by information and removed most of them from my feed. It DOES get better. As does all of the information you are learning right now. It will become second nature. Keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete