Monday, April 2, 2012

Thing 20

I found the various search tools a bit confusing at first, but once I played around a bit on the sites I was able to find what I was looking for. Unfortunately, the EPN site was down so I did not get to explore the website. I did explore Podcast Alley, and found it was a decent site and offered numerous podcasts. The only thing I did not like about Podcast Alley was the fact that some of the podcasts could be inappropriate for school use.

I preferred using I-Tunes over Podcast Alley because it tell us whether or not the podcasts are "clean" or "explicit," which allowed me to select appropriate podcasts to listen to.

I subscribed to the K-12 Greatest Hits: The Best Ideas in Education. I found it had many useful podcasts (71 in total to date)on topics including, classroom management, instructional strategies, news updates for educators, and how to deal with parents to name just a few.

I also subscribed to Podcast for Teachers (Techpod). I like how it keeps you up-to-date with what is happening in technology in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment