Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thing 19

I found the Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day podcast to be an interesting podcast.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/

I believe it could a very useful tool in the classroom, by making it a beginning of the class activity in our Language Arts classes. Increasing our students' vocabularies will help them to become more knowledgeable learners and thus hopefully increase their abilities to read and understand text, by having them be exposed to unfamiliar words.

Another podcast that visited was the LD Podcast.

http://ldpodcast.com/

I chose this podcast because I am interested in Learning Disabilities and am hoping to get my Masters in Special Education with a focus on Learning Disabilities. I will use this podcast as a way to help me understand the needs of my student's who possess learning disabilities.

Podcasts are indeed a very a interesting and useful tool to help educators increase their knowledge on a variety of topics.

2 comments:

  1. How about creating podcasts? Do you see an opportunity to have the kids make them and publish them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that podcasts could be a great way for students who are shy about presenting in front of their peers to share a presentation. However, I still think public speaking is very important for students to learn how to do. However, if we wanted to do a book report or something every once and awhile on a podcast that could be a good thing.

      Delete