Monday, April 23, 2012

Thing 21

I enjoyed looking at Mr. Armstrong's US History Wiki which I found under the Educational Wikis Link. I enjoyed his wiki, because it was his class website. I like how he had posted study guides,extra worksheets, and had a place for students to submit work. I like the idea of putting the extra worksheets on the website so if a student loses something then it is their responsibilty to get on the website and print one out. As opposed to having to run around and make numerous extra copies. One major hurdle that stands in way right now is the lack of time I have to create a wiki and make it something I am proud of. However, with summer vacation on the horizon, I can see the much needed time coming shortly. Another hurdle I see is if I want to post extra worksheets on the site I would need a PDF printer or scanner to be able to post the worksheets, which I do not have. In order to remove the hurdles, I would have to seek out people who are much wiser about technology than I am to assist on my long way of creating my envisioned wiki. I think it is definitely worth the fight, because I think wiki's would be a great tool for doing an online review for and upcoming test or quiz. I also like how in order to be able to change anything you have to be registered with the wiki site to be able to change or modify anything on the wiki, which would allow me to keep track of potential mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment