Friday, December 30, 2011

Thing 4

I feel that I will be able to use RSS in both my personal and professional life.  I like how it makes it simple to have all of the information from your favorite websites sent to one site, instead of having to visit each individual site to get the information that I am looking for.  I feel that could be very useful in my professional life by having the Google Reader setup with CNN Student News as well as updates from Mr. Gribble, to various professional development sites will allow me to sort through information quickly and save time.  As for my personal life I believe that RSS will again help me to save time by quickly scanning the updated news feeds and if something catches my interest I can then go to the main site for the rest of the story as opposed to going to Freep.com and scanning all of the headlines, then jumping over to the ESPN.com to scan the top stories.  This is a great time saving tool! 
I prefered the subscribing where all I had to do was click on a button and it would automatically add the feed to my google reader.  I felt that the method of subscribing where we had to copy and paste the link was more time consuming.  Also, if your not careful and don't highlight the entire link you wont be able to add the feed and have to repeat the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment